Thursday 2 February 2012

Aberdour

Yesterday Joanna and I decided to make the most of the nice sunny weather, favourable tides and an afternoon off uni, to go to Aberdour, or Hawkcraig as it is sometimes known. This is a tidal sea cliff on the north side of the Firth of Forth, so it faces south, and is composed of dolerite. There are lots of crystals in the rocks which would have percipitated out of the cooling magma into bubbles of air. From what I can tell this dolerite is intruded, but I can't be too sure.
I had the first lead and climbed Saki (VS 4c). Half way up I realised that I did the route last time I was here (does this count as a retro beta flash?).
Myself on Saki (Photo Credit: Joanna Lisowiec)
Joanna climbed Pain Pillar (VS 4c), the classic of the crag and one of the best routes of its grade in the area. It was a very good lead, being I think her second VS.
Joanna committing to the crux on Pain Pillar
We arrived abit too late so this was all we managed to do but it was nice to get out side, I'm getting bored of pulling on plastic now!

No comments:

Post a Comment