Thursday 1 August 2013

Gloom

I went to Rothely, in Northumberland, with Mehmet Karatay and his wife Gemma. We managed a good few hours of bouldering before it started raining.
Gloomy problem
I wanted to return here to climb a problem called Gloom. Gloom is a font 7a which starts in a little gully and traverses out via some sharp crimps and a pebbley sloper to top out into heather. Other than the top out the problem is really good with hard moves between reasonably good holds. I had tried Gloom on my previous visit but I couldn't do one section in the middle. After a little bit of work I managed to get the moves (it just required a bit more body tension than I was expecting). I had a short break and then sent the problem on my second go after this.
The crux move
I'm really pleased to get this done as although it is in a bit of a hole the moves are great. I must have tried quite hard on it too as I am feeling it today!



Almost at the grass

No comments:

Post a Comment